This 2.5-day program aims to build research methods knowledge and research capacity by promoting collaboration between multidisciplinary healthcare professionals. It is intended for all clinicians and researchers in paediatric and neonatal acute and critical care.
The ESPNIC winter research school aims to build research methods knowledge and research
capacity by promoting future collaboration and networking between multidisciplinary
healthcare professionals working in paediatric and neonatal acute and critical care.
Lectures, workshops, and discussions are led by established professorial faculty with
many years of experience in paediatric critical care.
The course is intended for all clinicians and researchers (physicians, nurses, allied health
providers, psychologists, and others) interested in clinical research and evidence-based
practice in paediatric and neonatal acute and critical care.
The programme provides:
• Opportunities for participants to discuss their projects/ideas in safe and facilitated peer
• Keynote plenary lectures, followed by optional choices guided by the participants' level
of existing knowledge and interests. Three tracks are proposed A) Roadmap for
conducting clinical research, B) Advanced methods and C) Building Up a research career.
• Various research methodological approaches to answer innovative clinical issues
• Networking opportunities with people who share similar passions and interests
• To build national, European, and international research collaborations in the paediatric
& neonatal fields
• To create networks of early career and senior researchers in these fields (PICU and
In addition to the 2-day educational programme, a half-day research exchange
workshop will be offered to allow clinicians and researchers to share research expertise
and discuss the progress of ongoing specific collaborative research projects as well as
potential future projects and collaboration in a collegial and multidisciplinary discussion
forum. This year nutrition and PICU long-term outcome research will be the focus of this
> Find the full program and all further information on the ESPNIC website.
> To apply, follow the link to this form: APPLICATION FORM
For any further questions, please contact the organising secretariat:
ESPNIC Secretariat Office