5th International Conference on 'Urban e-Planning' - IJEPR 2020 Conference, 6-7 April 2020, Lisbon, Portugal
The 5th International Conference on 'Urban e-Planning' aims to explore new developments in the fields of smart city governance and citizen e-participation in local and urban governance more specifically.
The 5th International Conference on 'Urban e-Planning' aims to explore new developments in the fields of smart city governance and citizen e-participation in local and urban governance more specifically. Fifty years after the publication of Sherry Arnstein landmark text 'A Ladder of Citizen Participation', the Conference aims to explore recent innovations and the challenges confronting the new forms of citizen e-participation and empowerment in the field of local and urban e-governance. We seek papers that address issues related to the current digital revolution (digitization of urban planning procedures and operations; datafication of urban activities and services, among other changes) and its impact on urban governance, on citizen participation, and on key urban development issues, such as those related to climate change, to the energy transition, artificial intelligence, among others.
We invite theoretical and empirical contributions addressing, but not limited to, the following themes:
- Theme 1: Governance and Planning of Smart Cities
- Theme 2: Citizens e-Participation in Urban Planning / Ur-ban Governance
The 5th International Conference on Urban e-Planning, organized by the 'International Journal of E-Planning Research', in collaboration with the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning – University of Lisbon, will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, 6-7 April 2020.
PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE & SELECTION CRITERIA
- Participation in the conference requires the presentation of a paper.
- All submissions will be double-blind peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee for content and appropriateness to this conference.
- The working language of the conference will be English. We are open to consider panels in French. For more details, contact us.
- The submission deadline for abstracts (approx. 250 words): 15 December 2019
- E-mail for abstract submission: email@example.com
- The 'Abstract form' (Word file) is available on the conference website for download.
- Successful applicants will be informed by 15 January 2020
CONFERENCE FEE & REGISTRATION
Information is available on the conference website.
Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
It is expected that a selection of the conference papers will be published in the IJEPR. The selected papers will undergo the standard double-blind peer-review process. More information on the publication plan will be given during the conference.
The 2020 Conference is an opportunity for networking and for informal contacts among members of the Urban E-Planning Research Network.
- Submission deadline for abstracts: 15 December 2019
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 15 January 2020
- Registration and payment: 1 - 20 February 2020
- Full paper for publication: date to be announced during the conference
par Mikhail Rogov