Academic excellence: thesis prizes winners 2019
Five PhD graduates from the Faculty of Business and Economics at the University of Lausanne were awarded prizes at the second edition of the Annual Doctoral Event on Thursday 21 November 2019. The Dean’s Office warmly congratulates the researchers concerned.
The prizes were awarded to five doctors of HEC Lausanne during the second edition of the Annual Doctoral Event. This event - organised by the doctoral school of HEC Lausanne in partnership with the PhDnet doctoral association - was introduced by a few words from Vice-Dean Felicitas Morhart, followed by a speech by Prof. Markus Christen on the theme ”Information as a Product : The More, the Better?”.
The various prizes reward their theses for their scientific contribution and the innovative nature of their areas of research:
- Dr. Arezou Ghiassaleh (PhD in Economics, subject area management), for her thesis ”How Can Retailers Enhance Consumer Shopping Experience? Effects of Popularity Signs and Product Categorizations on Consumer Decision Making” (Prix de Faculté) supervised by Prof. Bruno Kocher.
- Dr. Fabrice Kaempfen, (PhD in Economics, subject area Political Economy ) for his thesis ”Four Essays in Applied Microeconomics” (Prix de Faculté) supervised by Prof. Jürgen Maurer.
- Dr. Ina Bialova, (PhD in Economics, subject area finance) for her thesis ”Three Essays on Market Frictions and Financial Intermediation” (Prix de la Banque Cantonale Vaudoise) supervised by Prof. Norman Schürhoff and Prof. Eric Jondeau.
- Dr. Bertil Chapuis (PhD in Information Systems) for his thesis ”Three Temporal Perspectives on Decentralized Location-Aware Computing: Past, Present, Future” (Prix de Solidarité Confédérale) supervised by Prof. Benoît Garbinato.
- Dr. Michel Fuino (PhD in Actuarial Science) for his thesis ”Actuarial and Econometric Studies on Long-Term Care in Switzerland” (Prix de la Fondation Nicolas et Hélène Porphyrogenis) supervised by Prof. Joël Wagner.
Good luck to all our doctors in their academic careers!
par HEC communication