Opening a position of PhD Student and Graduate Assistant in Urban Geography (Global Urbanism) - University of Lausanne
The Department of Geography and Sustainability (IGD) at the University of Lausanne seeks to fill the positionof PhD Student and Graduate Assistant in Urban Geography (Global Urbanism). The position is part ofthe research team led by Professor Martin Müller, who will act as the doctoral advisor.
Expected start date in position: 01 February 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter
Contract length: 1 year, renewable 2 x 2 years, maximum 5 years
Activity rate: 80%
Workplace: University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
The successful candidate is expected to
- have earned a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in geography, urban studies or another field relevant to the post
- demonstrate an interest in social theory as applied to cities
- demonstrate expertise in qualitative or quantitative methods
- have fieldwork experience
- show an ambition to develop an international research profile
- have working proficiency in English and French
- demonstrate skills of a team player in a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary setting
- demonstrate autonomy and initiative
The following are considered assets, but not requirements:
- regional expertise in cities in the Eurasian space
- experience with writing and publishing in English.
par Mikhail Rogov