Best teacher awards: ten professors rewarded at HEC Lausanne
The Deanship of the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Lausanne recently presented its ten “HEC Lausanne Best Teacher Awards”, singling out teachers for the success of their courses as rated by students.
Since 2014, the Deanship of HEC Lausanne has been encouraging recognition of the quality of the Faculty’s teachers with an award presented each year. Allocation of the awards is decided by an Awards Committee comprising the Dean, the Vice-Dean in charge of programs, and two student representatives on the Faculty Council, as well as a representative of the HEC Foundation Board. It is based on the results of a questionnaire completed by graduates from the previous academic year.
Professor Guido Palazzo, Vice-Dean in charge of Programmes, Student Affairs and Executive Education, congratulates the award-winning professors.
In Bachelor programs, the awards for best teacher went to:
- Bachelors as a whole: João Montez
- Bachelor in Management: Alain Schatt
- Bachelor in Economics: Mathias Thoenig
In Master programs, the awards went to the following teachers:
- Master in Accounting, Control and Finance: Alain Schatt
- Master in Law and Economics: Pierre-Marie Glauser
- Master in Economics: Jean-Paul Renne
- Master in Finance: Amit Goyal
- Master in Management: Suzanne de Treville
- Master in Actuarial Sciences: Hansjörg Albrecher (for the fifth year running)
- Master in Information Systems: Christine Legner
The public announcement and presentation of the awards coincided with graduation ceremonies, which took place on 12 and 13 December 2018. The Awards Committee and the Deanship of HEC Lausanne once again offer their thanks and congratulations to these teachers.
par Myriam Bango-Lepage (Faculté des HEC)