Public round table “Swiss China Banking: challenges & opportunities”
On Thursday, June 28 at 17.15, HEC Lausanne (UNIL) will be hosting a public round table discussion with an expert panel of leading Swiss and Chinese actors, representatives from China Agricultural Bank, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), which has recently opened an office in Zurich, PwC Switzerland and the Swiss Chinese Chamber of Commerce. The discussion will be led and moderated by Frédéric Lelièvre of CNN Money Switzerland.
Chinese banks are playing an increasingly important role at the international level, including in Switzerland, with the arrival of new actors. What opportunities do these developments represent for both Switzerland and China? Why is it important to be able to create a “renminbi hub” in Switzerland, and how is Switzerland positioned compared with other European countries? In economic terms, how can banks support Swiss businesses that want to enter the Chinese market?
Organized by Prof. Minyue Dong, from the Department of Accounting and Control at HEC Lausanne, in conjunction with CNN Money Switzerland and the Chinese University of Hong Kong, the discussion will include contributions on these topics from:
- Xing Xiao, Independent Director, China Agricultural Bank, Professor, Tsinghua University
- Li Li, Deputy General Manager, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), Zurich Branch
- Emmanuel Genequand, Head Regulatory & Compliance Services, Partner, PwC Switzerland
- Christophe Weber, Swiss Chinese Chamber of Commerce, President, Geneva Chapter
Moderated by Frédéric Lelièvre, Deputy Editor-in-Chief, CNN Money Switzerland.
The event is being held as part of the 3rd China-Europe Conference organized on June 28 and 29 by HEC Lausanne (Department of Accounting and Control) and the University of Hong King (School of Accountancy) at the UNIL campus, and is aimed at finance and economics researchers from all over the world with an interest in information transparency, banking and financial institutions.
Practical information - Round table “Swiss China Banking: challenges & opportunities”
- Date: Thursday, June 28, 17.15 to 18.30
- Venue: UNIL-Chamberonne, room Anthropole 1129
- Language: English
- Open to all: free admission
par Chantal Behar