Best teachers rewarded at HEC Lausanne
The Deanship of the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Lausanne recently presented its ten "HEC Lausanne Best Teacher Awards", singling out teachers for the success of their courses as rated by students.
Since 2014, the Deanship of HEC Lausanne has been encouraging recognition of the quality of the Faculty's teachers with an award presented each year. Allocation of the awards is decided by an Awards Committee comprising the Dean, the Vice-Dean in charge of programs, and two student representatives on the Faculty Council, as well as a representative of the HEC Foundation Board. It is based on the results of a questionnaire completed by graduates from the previous academic year.
In Bachelor programs, the awards for best teacher went to:
- John Antonakis
- Michael Rockinger (for the second year running)
- Mathias Thoenig (for the second year running)
In Master programs, the awards went to the following teachers:
- Master in Law and Economics: Edgar Philippin (for the second year running)
- Master in Accounting, Control and Finance: Alain Schatt
- Master in Information Systems: Yves Pigneur
- Master in Management: Suzanne de Treville
- Master in Economics: Dominic Rohner
- Master in Finance: Eric Jondeau
- Master in Actuarial Sciences: Hansjörg Albrecher (for the third year running)
Professor Marius Brülhart, Vice-Dean in charge of programs and student affairs, commented: The public announcement and presentation of the awards coincided with graduation ceremonies which took place on 7 and 8 December 2016. The Awards Committee and the Deanship of HEC Lausanne once again offer their thanks and congratulations to these teachers and HEC Foundation Board.